Thursday, September 12, 2013

Love and Marriage and Cindy

For readers' reviews of my books, visit my website, http://www.bfoswaldauthor.com. Thank you.



Today is my wife's birthday; the most recent of the thirty birthdays I have shared with her. Since both of us agreed to not make big productions out of our birthdays, this one will probably pass quietly. She will refuse my offer to buy her something, although I occasionally have done so anyhow. Tuesday afternoon we lunched together at a local Chinese buffet at her request that I quickly deemed to be her birthday LEO. (Midway through our meal she informed me that this was not her birthday meal so maybe we will lunch somewhere else today.)

We have shared a lot of happiness and unfortunately some grief. We have witnessed three wonderful young ladies grow to adulthood, marry, and have children. We have experienced two sons-in-law and a daughter-in-law become exes, mourned the death of a son-in-law, and welcomed two new sons-in-law into our family. We have rejoiced at the births of seven grandchildren and played a role in the life of each as they grew to adulthood and subsequently gave us four great grandchildren to enjoy. We have mourned the deaths of four of her grandparents and my parents.

Together we have toured the country on a motorcycle and then in an RV. We've gone on cruises and she has accompanied me to conferences in several different cities. We have remodeled a house and built another; started a mini-farm, split and stacked many cords of wood, and cleared scrub in the hot Florida sun. She has been my loyal supporter, proof reader and editor through the trials and tribulations of writing and publishing eight novels, designed the covers for four of them and advised me on covers for the other four.

Cindy has given me the opportunity to experience love like that that so infused the blind gentleman I wrote about yesterday. We have lived, and are living, Margaret Mead's three stages; romance and intimacy are still integral components of our togetherness, procreation vicariously through our children and our grandchildren, and companionship throughout our years together. I like Cindy a lot and love her even more. She brings a smile to my face most every time I see her walk into a room.

Thank you, my darling, for these wonderful years! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment